LIPO fat separators are installed in places of their excessive formation, e.g. in bars, restaurants, mass catering points, in meat and food processing plants, etc.
Natural fats are a mixture of glycerol esters and higher fatty acids. They are available in solid, semi-solid and liquid states. Fats are divided into two groups: animal fats (lard, butter, tallow, blubber, etc.) and vegetable fats commonly known as oils (olive oil, rapeseed oil, sunflower oil, linseed oil and others).
Excessive grease in sewer networks causes fouling of the pipes. As a result of biological decomposition, fats form corrosive fatty acids with an unpleasant odor. In municipal wastewater treatment plants, they pose serious operational problems (e.g. overgrowth of deposits, oxygen deficit).
LIPO fat separators
NavoTech manufactures separators in free-standing, under-sink and underground versions. The free-standing and under-sink versions of the separators are made of PE-HD polyethylene. Tanks for underground construction are made of structural, double-walled PE-HD pipes with high ring stiffness from SN2 (as standard) to SN8 or of concrete class C35/45.
LIPO fat separators in NavoTech offer:
- LIPO-PZ under-sink separator, free-standing construction, made of polyethylene,
- LIPO-W separator for free-standing construction, made of polyethylene,
- LIPO-TW separator for free-standing installation, integrated settler, made of polyethylene,
- LIPO-PE polyethylene separator for underground installation,
- LIPO-T underground separator, integrated settler, made of polyethylene,
- LIPO-B underground concrete separator,
- LIPO-BO underground separator, integrated settler, made of concrete.